Thursday, March 27, 2008

2008 MLB Preview

In this blog I will write about the upcoming season of baseball and my predictions for each division winner and who will be in and who will win the 2008 World Series. Although the baseball season has officially started with the two games the Boston Red Sox and Oakland Athletics played overseas in Japan, the games were filled with minor league players. Starting with the AL East I think the New York Yankees and the Toronto Blue Jays will give the Red Sox a run for their money but in the end the Red Sox will prevail in the East. In the AL Central the battle will be intense between the Cleveland Indians and the Detroit Tigers but pitching will help the Indians prevail in the end. In the AL West I believe the Seattle Mariners will be very good but will not be able to match up with Anaheim Angels offense and the Angels will prevail. I think that the Red Sox will once again come out of the AL for the second straight year to make the World Series. In the NL East I believe that the New York Mets will coast with the addition of ace Johan Santana. The Phillies will contest but will be no match for the Mets. In the NL Central I believe it is the Chicago Cubs year to win the division and will get little to no competition. In the NL West I believe that the Arizona Diamonbacks and their starting pitching will lead them to a division crown. I believe the World Series will be a rematch of the 1986 World Series and once again the New York Mets will be World Champions

0 comments: